Caregiver's Reprieve by Avrene Brandt
Review by Dale Anglund, Staff Writer
"Caregiver's Reprieve: A Guide to Emotional Survival
When You're Caring for Someone You Love"
a practical look at the emotional challenges of caring for an aged or chronically ill
This compassionate and practical manual will help you:
- Understand what it means to be a caregiver
- Recognize the physical and mental changes in your loved one
- Deal with the dramatic changes in your life style
- Adjust your expectations for the future
- Handle your own emotional reactions
- Develop healty ways to cope.
Also includes informative appendices with detailed descriptions of stroke, head injury, tumors, dementia, MS, Parkinson's and more.
1 The Caregivers,
2 Caregiving; An Overview,
3 The Loss of the Person You Knew,
4 The Clothes We Wear
6 The Emotional Aspects of Caregiving
To purchase this book or to read more reviews on Amazon.com, click here
To e-mail your own review to ElderCare Online, click here
(All reviews become the property of ElderCare Online and may be edited and reformatted.)
Available from ElderCare Online www.ec-online.net ©2000 Prism Innovations, Inc.